ACCESS AT TITANIC BELFAST
IT IS TITANIC BELFAST’S AIM THAT ALL OF OUR VISITORS' ACCESS REQUIREMENT ARE FULLY MET, SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION TO THE POINTS COVERED BELOW PLEASE CONTACT OUR ACCESSIBILITY CARE LINE ON +44 28 9076 6399
All circulation spaces and Galleries at Titanic Belfast are fully accessible. There are some dimensional and weight restrictions on the Ship Yard Ride which may mean that some wheelchairs, and all mobility scooters, will be unable to be accommodated within the accessible car, these restrictions are detailed within the Ship Yard Section below.
Ttanic Belfast is surrounded by a flagged Plaza which is fully accessible.
Titanic Belfast has four entrances, all have level access.
The main door is the South entrance and this is revolving, the 3 other entrances are automatic bi-parting.
The main access doors take you in to the Atrium which has a granite floored surface.
Off the Atrium there is level access to the Titanic Store, The Galley Café and Bistro 401.
The ticket desks are within the Atrium and all have lowered counters.
There are 2 scenic lifts within the Atrium which take visitors to all levels of the experience.
There is one passenger lift that takes visitors to the car park -1 & -2
The Titanic Belfast Experience entrance is on Level One.
All areas of the exhibition which have audio have integrated loop systems, visitors who wear hearing aids should switch them to the T setting.
There is seating for rest points in Gallery 1 / Gallery 3 / Gallery 4 / Gallery 5 / Gallery 6/ Gallery 7 and Gallery 8.
There are 2 levels of underground car park.
Level -2 has 6 accessible spaces
Level -1 has 4 accessible spaces
Value Cabs, our taxi partner, have a number of accessible vehicles and can drop visitors off at the main entrance. Tel: +44 28 9080 9080
The circulation space within the building is fully accessible for wheelchairs.
Titanic Belfast has a number of wheelchairs which can be reserved on request by contacting our ticketing office on : 02890 766399
A limited number of Mobility Scooters are available for use within Titanic Belfast (subject to availability).
To reserve a scooter please contact +44 2890 766399.
PLEASE NOTE, for those people who are not members of Shop Mobility, Titanic Belfast will need to assess the person's ability to control a scooter for safety and insurance purposes. This assessment can be conducted on arrival at Visitor Services.
Due to essential maintenance and repair, scooters may not always be available.
The Ship Yard Ride
Due to weight restrictions on the Ship Yard Dark Ride, mobility scooters unfortunately cannot be accommodated.
There is a wheelchair accessible car which can accommodate one standard wheelchair at a time, wheelchairs cannot be larger than 1.0m in length.
The safety bar in each car must close to 320mm.
Please advise crew if you are pregnant.
Children under 7 years or 1.3m must be supervised.
We recommend 1:2 ratio of Adults to Children.
As safety bars must close to 320mm, children cannot sit on parent's or guardian's knees and must be able to sit up unaided.
Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs are welcome on the ship yard ride but at the discretion of the owners.
Titanic Belfast has a number of wheelchairs which can be reserved on request by contacting our ticketing office on: +44 28 9076 6399
There are accessible toilet facilities in the following areas:
1 toilet - Entrance from car parking basement -1
1 Toilet - Atrium level
2 Toilets - Level 1
1 Toilet - Gallery One - Boomtown Belfast
1 Toilet - Andrews Gallery
2 Toilets - Level 2
1 Toilet - Gallery Six
1 Toilet - Gallery Seven
2 Toilets - Level 5 Banqueting
All accessible toilets have emergency alarms and communication points which go back to a 24hr manned security room.
Facilities for those with hearing loss
Titanic Belfast is designed to be a multi -sensory exhibition.
Titanic Belfast is a self -guided experience however audio guides are available, printed versions of our audio guide are available on request and will be sent out via email or by post.
There are three video presentations within Gallery Nine, transcripts of the audio of these videos are available on request.
Hearing Dogs are welcome.
Facilities for those who are blind or partially sighted
We are currently developing an audio described audio guide, we hope that this will be available August 2012, this will be provided free of charge to our visitors who are blind or partially sighted.
In the interim standard audio guides will be provided free of charge to our visitors who are blind or partially sighted.
Guide Dogs are welcome
There is voice indication in all front-of-house lifts, hand rail extensions and contrasting floor textures
Please note that the lighting levels within some of the galleries are low and in others which have windows can be extremely bright.
Titanic Belfast operates a Free Carers Policy, whereby it offers a free carer ticket to any customer who requires essential assistance to visit our building.
- The majority of the pages on this site are WCAG AA approved, complying with all priority 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. (http://www.w3.org/WAI/).
- All pages on this site comply with the Irish National Disability Authority IT Accessibility Guidelines. (http://accessit.nda.ie/)
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. (http://www.section508.gov/)
- The majority of pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT tag. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist, a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
- Irish National Disability Authority IT accessibility guidelines.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
Back to top