Access at Titanic Belfast
It is Titanic Belfast’s aim that all of our visitors' access requirements are fully met, should you require any further information to the points covered below please contact our accessibility care line on +44 28 9076 6399.
Families visiting Titanic Belfast with children with ASD can contact us via our Accessibility Care Line for advice about queuing and any other information required. Please call us on +44 (0)28 9076 6399.
All circulation spaces and galleries at Titanic Belfast are fully accessible. There are some dimensional and weight restrictions on the Shipyard Ride which may mean that some wheelchairs, and all mobility scooters, will be unable to be accommodated within the accessible car, these restrictions are detailed within the Shipyard Ride section below.
Titanic Belfast is surrounded by a flagged Plaza which is fully accessible.
Titanic Belfast has four entrances, all have level access.
The main door is the South entrance and this is revolving, the 3 other entrances are automatic bi-parting.
The main access doors take you in to the Atrium which has a granite floored surface.
The ticket desks are within the Atrium and all have lowered counters.
There are 2 scenic lifts within the Atrium which take visitors to all levels of the experience.
There is one passenger lift that takes visitors to the car park -1 & -2.
All areas of the exhibition which have audio have integrated loop systems, visitors who wear hearing aids should switch them to the T setting.
There is seating for rest points in Galleries 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
There are 2 levels of underground car park. Level -2 has 6 accessible spaces. Level -1 has 4 accessible spaces. Value Cabs, our taxi partner, have a number of accessible vehicles and can drop visitors off at the Taxi point on Level -1. Tel: +44 (0)28 9080 9080
The circulation space within the building is fully accessible for wheelchairs. Titanic Belfast has a number of wheelchairs which can be reserved on request by contacting our ticketing office on +44 (0)28 9076 6399.
In conjunction with Shop Mobility, Titanic Belfast can arrange for mobility scooters to be available for the duration of your visit (subject to availability).
Please Note! Shop Mobility will need to assess the person’s ability to control a scooter for health and safety and insurance purposes. This must be done on Shop Mobility premises and only during their opening hours:
Mon – Fri , 9am – 4pm
2 Queen Street
Belfast, BT1 6ED
For more information and costs please contact: +44 (0)28 9080 8090.
The Shipyard Ride
Due to dimensional and weight restrictions on the Shipyard Ride, mobility scooters unfortunately cannot be accommodated. There is a wheelchair accessible car which can accommodate one standard wheelchair at a time, wheelchairs cannot be larger than 1.0m in length.
The safety bar in each car must close to 320mm.
Please advise crew if you are pregnant.
Children under 7 years or 1.3m must be supervised.
We recommend 1:2 ratio of Adults to Children.
As safety bars must close to 320mm, children cannot sit on parent's or guardian's knees and must be able to sit up un-aided.
Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs are welcome on the Shipyard Ride but at the discretion of the owners.
Titanic Belfast has a number of wheelchairs which can be reserved on request by contacting our ticketing office on +44 (0)28 9076 6399.
There are accessible toilet facilities in the following areas:
1 Toilet - Entrance from car parking on level -1
1 Toilet - Atrium level
2 Toilets - Level 1
1 Toilet - Gallery One - Boomtown Belfast
1 Toilet - The Andrews Gallery
2 Toilets - Level 2
1 Toilet - Gallery Six
1 Toilet - Gallery Seven
2 Toilets - Level 5 Banqueting Suites
All accessible toilets have emergency alarms and communication points which go back to a 24hr manned security room.
Facilities For Those With Hearing Loss
Titanic Belfast is designed to be a multi -sensory exhibition.
Titanic Belfast is a self-guided experience however audio guides are available, with printed versions of our audio guide available on request. These will be sent out via email or by post.
There are three video presentations within Gallery Nine, transcripts of the audio of these videos are available on request.
Hearing Dogs are welcome.
Facilities For Those Who Are Blind Or Partially Sighted
We have developed an audio-described audio guide that is provided free of charge to our visitors who are blind or partially sighted. These guides can be collected at Visitor Services.
Guide Dogs are welcome.
There is voice indication in all front-of-house lifts, hand rail extensions and contrasting floor textures.
Please note that the lighting levels within some of the galleries are low and in others which have windows can be extremely bright.
Titanic Belfast operates a Free Carers Policy, whereby it offers a free carer ticket to any customer who requires essential assistance to visit our building.
- The majority of the pages on this site are WCAG AA approved, complying with all priority 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. (http://www.w3.org/WAI/).
- All pages on this site comply with the Irish National Disability Authority IT Accessibility Guidelines. (http://accessit.nda.ie/)
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. (http://www.section508.gov/)
- The majority of pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT tag. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist, a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
- Irish National Disability Authority IT accessibility guidelines.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth requirements